Associate of Arts (A.A.) in General Studies
Students interested in a general preparation in the liberal arts may select from two degrees, an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree or the Bachelor of University Studies.
- General degree requirements: 64 hours minimum, GPA of 2.0, with a 2.0 GPA in the major area of study and the specified subject matter for the degree.
- General Education courses, including
- UNIV 101
- Social Sciences (six hours) selected from ANTH, ECON, GEOG, HIST, PSYC, PSY, SOC
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences (seven hours) selected from MATH, STAT, BIOL, GEOL, PHYS
- Humanities (six hours) selected from ART, MUS, HUM, REL, literature
- Communications (six hours) English composition, COMM, FR, SPAN
- Electives (40 hours)
It is recommended that at least 15 hours be in one area of concentration within the Liberal Arts and Sciences
Degree: Bachelor of University Studies
The Bachelor of University Studies is a flexible degree available to students who bring considerable work and life experience to their college career. The student's degree plan must be approved by the college dean.
- Complete bachelor's degree requirements, including UNIV 101
- Complete General Education requirements
- Complete two 15-hour emphases in two fields of study (30 hours)
- Electives (45 hours)
- Forty-five hours must be completed after approval of the degree plan.
View the Pima Transfer Advising Sheet.